Our scented candles are created with love to provide you with hours of luxurious fragrant bliss within your homes. To ensure they are working and looking the best have a read of our tips below.
How to Burn your candle
- When lighting your candle ensure it is away from drafts or fans as this can cause uneven burning , and also leave black marks on the vessel.
- Did you know its important to burn candles (size of the Blanco and Oudh candle) for one and half to two hours at a time. This is because any less time can cause the candle to ‘tunnel’ which then causes a build up of wax around the sides.
On the other hand burning for more lengthy periods such as over four hours can cause the wick to move or slant.
- Stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom to avoid your surfaces burning from beneath the candle.
How to care for the candle wicks
- Ensure the wax pool is clear of wick trimmings and matches – additional debris that may fall into the wax can encourage your candle to burn faster
- I bet you didn’t know there are many ways to burn a candle out – blowing out a candle isn’t always the best way. Some of the best forms are:
- Using a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame
- Wick dipping (may be worth searching online how this can be done – I will look into creating a video following on from this)
Once you have extinguished the flame centre and straighten the wick. If you see the wick coming to close to the edge then extinguish the flame straighten the wick and burn again. This will avoid the glass from cracking.
- Unshaped wicks such as long or crocked can create high flames and smoking. Trimming the wick on a regular is the easiest way to prevent this
How to cut candle wicks
- A candle wick should betrimmed to 1/8 inch at all times – the wick should be trimmed every 4 hours of burn
- To trim the wick – extinguish the flame – let the candle come to room temperature and trim – this can be done using wick trimmers however if you don’t have this you can use nail clippers (a home hack). Once you have trimmed the wick ensure you discard from the candle before relighting.
I’m hoping the above was a helpful read, let me know your thoughts and more of what you would like to see in the upcoming months.
Lots of Love